Birthday Goals

11:49 AM Edit This 1 Comment »
Tomorrow is my birthday and I will be turning 33. One of my annual birthday traditions is to take time to journal and figure out what I want my goals to be for the next year. So for each area of my life, here's what I got:
1. Self-love: Through a combination of positive thought and positive change, learn to love my life and love myself!
2. Health: Carry mindfulness throughout my day (and no negative thinking!)...and use journaling to help with this.
3. Spirituality: Savor the books that I read on spirituality and self-growth and keep track of these and what they inspire me to do.
4. Beloved: Make a plan for how to handle conflict and keep a log of how I'm doing.
5. Jenya: Journal about what I think makes a good parent and pick qualities to focus on and apply.
6. Family/Community: Make the decision to complete forgive, accept, understand, and love every member of my family.
7. Creativity: Make time for creativity and solitude and document creative endeavors on my blog.
8. Livelihood: Change to teaching part-time Kindergarten next year and be more mindful with my spending.
9. Purpose: Journal about what this is and post my realizations.




So with respect to my creativity goal, I'm going to make sure to make time for creative solitude every week and use this blog as my way of keeping track of this. Today I worked on making a mind-map of my goals in my journal and also worked on altering a book so that it has a secret hiding place in it.

1 comments:

Miracle said...

Those are wonderful goals, and SUCH a great idea to do that on your birthday rather that having "New Year's Resolutions"..