Mackinac Island

5:26 PM Edit This 1 Comment »




This weekend we went up to Mackinac Island for a mini-vacation with relatives. Things that I liked about it included being able to spend the whole day without our cars, getting there by boat and getting around on bike and all the free fudge samples. Spending time with relatives creates opportunities for spiritual practice and growth and long drives gave us the opportunity to listen to motivating podcasts. The hotel had a pool and a hot-tub and free cable on which we were able to watch Scrubs. I spent time reading the Dhammapada while waiting for people to see the sights and practiced the art of non-attachment as I'm learning to let my son make his own choices, even if different from what I would want for him.

1 comments:

Naturally Jules said...

Heather - your pictures of Mackinac pulled at my heart! I have the fondest memories of my childhood on Mackinac! Do they still have the taffy machine in one of the windows downtown. I used to be mezmorized by that! Thanks for the beautiful pics & Happy belated B-Day!

Jules